Valentine’s day is just around the corner. It’s a day to show love to all our loved ones. Try out this awesome chicken biryani recipe. Furthermore, food appeals to very many people and that’s why we got you covered. It’s on Sunday hence time to prepare an awesome dish. Try out this recipe:
It’s a spicy chicken mixed with a rice dish. It also includes layers of chicken, aromatics, and also rice all steamed together.
READ ALSO; KNH DOES UNIQUE SURGERY
PREPARATION TIME; 30 MINS
COOKING TIME; 1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME; 2 HRS 30 MINUTES
- 900 grams chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp garam masala
- 10 grams dhania
- 5 grams mint
- 1 serrano chili peppers
- 10 grams ginger ( grated)
- 10 grams garlic ( grated)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups basmati/ pishori rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 pods green cardamom ( smashed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 medium onions ( well sliced)
- 1 cup reserved boiling liquid ( from rice)
- ½ tsp Tumeric
- ½ tsp dhania
- To marinate the chicken for biryani, combine the vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, chili peppers, dhania, garam masala, cinnamon, and also salt in a large bowl. Stir everything evenly.
- Add all the chicken pieces ensuring the chicken is well coated in the marinade. Give it at least an hour.
- In a separate pot add the ghee and also onions. Saute the onions till golden brown. Approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the onions to a separate bowl and also set aside.
- Clean the rice by washing it under cold running water. In addition, ensure the rice is clean.
- As a way of par-boiling the rice, add the water, salt, cardamom, cumin, and also the bay leaf in a pot. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the rice and boil for at least seven minutes. Drain the rice ensuring you reserve a cup of the liquid.
- In the same you fried the onions, also add the chicken one at a time. Fry until golden brown on one side for about five minutes. Flip the chicken and fry the other side the same way. Transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Assembling the biryani, add turmeric to the rice. Also, toss it well for even distribution. Hence, add half of this rice mixture to the bottom of the pot you fried the chicken in.
- Place the chicken one at a time on top of the rice.
- Also, add the golden brown onions on top of the chicken.
- Finalize by adding the rest of the rice evenly. Also, add the one cup of the liquid you reserved from the boiled rice.
- Cover the pot with a lid and also minimize the heat. Set a twenty minutes timer. When you see steam on the lid lower the heat and continue cooking.
- Steam the biryani for another 10 minutes. The lid should still be there.
- Evenly mix the chicken biryani together. Transfer to the serving plate.
- Garnish with the fresh well-chopped dhania.
- Serve with your desired toppings, for instance.