Every 19th November we celebrate International Men’s Day. Its commemorated worldwide as a way of celebrating the contributions and achievements of boys and men. They do take a very vital role in society, marriages, family, community, nation, and childcare. The end goal of this day is so as to promote the basic humanitarian values and also remind people of their importance.
This year’s theme is “Better health for men and boys”. It’s such a coincidence because there is a spike in the number of male mental health victims. This theme is so vital in that it is a way of improving the health and physical wellbeing of male society. Men being men and also their male masculinity rarely talk out when stressed. It’s so hard for a man or boy to open up since they fear being seen as weak.
Most campaigns are geared towards helping the female gender to an extent the male are forgotten. High expectations and standards have been set for men and society expect them to meet without6 any concern nor excuse. We tend to forget that they are human and deserve tender care. Suicidal male cases are so many just because these guys lack someone to talk to. It’s high time we embrace them snd also teach them how to love themselves. It’s very rare to get a guy purchasing something for himself, treating himself out. They mostly meet at a joint to take some bottles as to most of them alcohol is their only friend and confidant.
Where International Men’s Day Originated.
On 7th February 1992, Thomas Oaster did launching of this awesome day. Apparently, Jerome Teelucksing revived the event in the year 199. He chose November 19th as a way of honoring his father’s birthday. In addition, he celebrates the uniting of Trinidad and Tobago’s football team. These teams uniting brought peace to their country with their endeavors to qualify for the World Cup.
The leading Indian Men’s rights organized for the inauguration celebration of this day in India. It did occur on 19TH November 2007 through the Indian Family. Ever since then this day is celebrated annually.
International Men’s Day quotes
- Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. However, being a gentleman is a matter of choice. – Vin Diesel.
- A man does what he must; in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and pressures. This is the basis of all human morality.*John F Kennedy.
- A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means.*Sallust.
- But heed to this. Men are not from Mars neither are Women from Venus. Do not fall for categories. Everyone is everything. Every ingredient inside a star is inside you, and every personality that ever existed competes in the theatre of your mind for the main role.*Matt Haig.
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.*Albert Einstein.
International Men’s Day Wishes
- Men are beautiful creations of God, but they are not perfect. It is normal for them to have several errors. Happy International Men’s Day.
- Thank you for keeping my faith in good men intact. You deserve nothing but the best.
- The beauty of all men is that each of them has a special unique quality. It’s so awesome when you discover their true heart. Happy Men’s Day.
- Shout out to all men out there who despite obstacles and odds, paved ways for themselves in this over-ambitious world. May you get the strength to face each day better. Happy International Men’s Day.
However, as we celebrate them today let us purpose to be their confidants and not thorns in their flesh. It is high time we gave men and boys a safe space where they can open up without being judged. Furthermore, this will help reduce mental health cases. We need to salvage the situation before it becomes a major disaster.Follow us in social media: