By Andrew Thuku.
A Kiambu resident filled at petition today at the Milimani law courts suing Gatundu South Mp Moses kuria for abuse of power. According to Mr. Elijah Gicharu kimani (petitioner) who conducted an independent audit that showed a sum of 170,878,413 worth of contracts was irregularly awarded to certain companies believed to be belong to immediate relatives of Moses Kuria.
According to the petitioner Mr. Elijah the contracts awarded to the said companies were issued because of the influence of the respondent. The petition was also presented to the Ethics and Anti-corruption commission for investigations over the matter.
list of the companies:
A list of the companies and the sum paid to them was also released. The companies included:
- Finishline Construction Ltd, whose Director is Aloise Kinyajui kuria(Brother) was awarded a contract worth 32,531,540 for 6 schools.
- Mwaura Timber Yard Ltd, Director Charles Regeru Nguru kuria (Brother) was awarded a contract worth Ksh.15, 761,445 in three schools.
- Supreme General Traders Ltd whose Directors are John Nome Kuria(Brother) and James Koigi Kuria(Brother), was awarded a contract worth Ksh.5,808,468 in Mutungu Secondary School.
- Lujatech Enterprises Ltd whose Directors are Charles Regeru Nguru (Brother), Jane Muthoni Regeru (Sister-in-Law), Lucy Wambui Regeru (Niece) and Teresia Mwihaki Regeru (Niece), was awarded a contract worth Ksh.10,267,955 in 2 schools.
- Kurstan Builders Ltd whose director is Stanley Kuria Ngugi (Nephew), was awarded a contract worth Ksh. 14,792,825 in 3 schools.
- Kiki Holdings Ltd whose director is Jane Wambui Kuria (Sister), was awarded a contract worth Ksh. 9,814,240 in 2 schools.