32 year old nurse Marian Awuor Adumbo who succumbed to COVID-19 on Sunday evening on 2nd august brings to 8 the number of medical practitioners who have passed away due to the virus. She was working as a nurse at Rachuonyo sub-county Hospital in Homabay.Nurse Marian had been admitted at a health facility in Kisii where she passed away leaving behind a week old baby boy.
- Total deaths recorded in the last 24hrs are 13 raising the number to 382 deaths
- Among the 13 , 10 had underlying health conditions while the 3 were stable
- 544 new positive cases have been recorded today out of 2653 tested samples
- Total positive tests are 22597 raising the number of cumulative tests to 318376
- Out of the 544 positive cases;
– 499 are Kenyans & 45 foreigners
– 315 are male while 229 are female
– The youngest is a year old infant & the oldest is 84 years
- Nairobi County still leads with 412 new positive cases.
- 263 people have recovered in the last 24 hours
- Out of the 263 recoveries, 176 are from home based care program while 87 are from various hospitals.